Sunday, July 30, 2006

This week in break downs

It begins: Eric's Saab broke down two weeks ago.

We hadn't really worried too much about it nor rushed to fix it because we have two cars and we live in a small town and so the girls and I could get most anywhere on foot or on this fine vehicle.

Sunday night, while I was out Lance Armstronging it with the girls, the chain broke.

Monday the girls and I took the van to Ames (an hour away) to get a new bike chain. On the way back the van broke down and left us stranded on the side of the road.

Thursday Eric tried to mow the lawn and the brand new mower wouldn't start.

Saturday the girls and I borrowed my father-in-law's car to go to Ft. Dodge for a few hours, because at this point we had no wheeled vehicles of any kind of our own that worked. On the way back to their house a belt broke off, leaving us stranded on the side of the road.

Can we borrow your car?

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Don't even think about our cars, okay? My 1989 wagon is coughing but otherwise fine, and Dean's 1996 (practically new) car is surely good for years more, right?

Maybe you need a new mechanic.