Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nephew News!


As of February 28, I am the very proud aunt to another wonderful nephew! The count is now neices-3, nephews-5. This newest little one to the male team is Camron Alexander, son of my brother, Jason, and his wife, Rosie. Camron also has a sister, Bekah, and a brother, Alex.

Right now my brother is not speaking to me, but I am thrilled to death at Camron's arrival. I just wish I was able to see him up close and in person. When Alex was born I flew from the island in Massachusetts, where I was living at the time, to Boston, then from Boston to Minneapolis, where Eric was living at the time, then we both drove seven hours to Iowa City where Alex was born. Sweet Camron lives just three hours away, and I can't see him.

While I can't see him in person I would like to send out, in to the great vast whatever that lies between me and him, that I am so happy that he is here. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for him and he, or his mom or his dad, need only ask and I will do whatever I can to lend a hand. I remember, all too clearly, what it was like when my parents died and it seemed that no one wanted me and Jason and I can tell you that would never be the case here. No matter what there is always someone that is crazy about you, Camron, and would take you in a heartbeat.

And that goes for Bekah, too. And Alex, and Ryan, and Kyle, and Erin, and Evan, and Evelyn, and all the other children in my life.

Welcome to the world!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Aww, Kate, that's too bad you can't see Camron. It's hard to understand the decisions people make sometimes.

What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Arggghh.. you're winning in the niece and nephew race... we have four nieces and three nephews now. At least there's hope for us winning since there are more siblings on Andrew's side. Camron is a cutie!